Coaching Skills for Life & Leadership 3-Day Workshop
At CMI, our mission is to multiply coaching for missions. We serve global missions by providing high-quality coaching, coach training and coach support to help mission workers overcome challenges, personally thrive and effectively fulfill their calling.
We know not everyone will become a coach, or a coach for missions. However, we believe everyone can benefit from learning and practicing these skills in everyday conversations and relationships. The skills are great for developing the people on your team and in your organization.
In this workshop, basic coaching skills will be introduced and demonstrated. This workshop will not qualify one to be a trained coach, but equip them to begin using basic coaching skills in their life and relationships – at work, with friends and family, and as they interact with others. For anyone who would like to be trained to become a certified coach, CMI offers an Advanced Life Coach Certificate.
- What is coaching, and how does it differ from other people-helping approaches?
- The heart of a coach
- The head of a coach
- The coaching mindset
- Ensuring an environment of safety and trust
- The power of personal responsibility
- The hands/skills of a coach
- Foundational listening skills
- Asking great questions
- Listening for significance
- Identifying the issue
- Identifying action steps
- Applying these skills in life and leadership